EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES)
Cyber Security Training with ECES Certification!
If you think that there is only one type of encryption – think again! Secure organizations employ multiple levels of encryption – database encryption, VoIP encryption, portable storage encryption, mobile devices encryption, Wi-Fi encryption, e-mail encryption, file encryption – server/desktop, network link encryption, web server encryption, tape backup encryption, and many more.
Some of the most recent attacks that have had serious consequences share one thing in common – they all had either little or no effective encryption. This resulted in thousands of users being affected and hundreds of millions in losses. It resulted in a serious decline of brand value and public embarrassment, and these were not technically naïve companies by any means. To name a few – SONY PS3, RSA, iPhone, and LinkedIn.
The ECES course introduces students to modern symmetric key cryptography including the details of algorithms such as Feistel Networks, DES, and AES as well as an overview of many other algorithms such as Blowfish, Twofish, Skipjack, and others. Other topic areas include the basics of information theory as it applies to cryptography; an introduction to hashing algorithms including MD5, MD6, SHA, Gost, RIPMD 256 and others; asymmetric cryptography including thorough descriptions of RSA, Elgamal, Elliptic Curve, and DSA; significant concepts such as diffusion, confusion, and Kerkcho’s principle.
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic internet usage skills
- Basic IP addressing knowledge
- No prior knowledge of cryptography is assumed, and no mathematical skills beyond basic algebra are required
BASE TRAINING PERIOD
EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES)
This course is available at any LQ campus
EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES) Course Objectives
- The basics of information theory as it applies to cryptography
- An introduction to hashing algorithms including MD5, MD6, SHA, Gost, RIPMD 256, and others
- Asymmetric cryptography including thorough descriptions of RSA, Elgamal, Elliptic Curve, and DSA
- Significant concepts such as diffusion, confusion, and Kerkcho’s principle
- Types of encryption standards and their differences
- How to select the best standard for your organization
- How to enhance your pen-testing knowledge in encryption
- Correct and incorrect deployment of encryption technologies
- Common mistakes made in implementing encryption technologies
- Best practices when implementing encryption technologies
- How to provide first response to the network security incident and assist IRT team and forensics investigation team in dealing with an incident
- How to troubleshoot their network for various network problems
- How to identify various threats on an organization’s network
- How to design and implement various security policies for their organizations
- The importance of physical security and how to determine and implement various physical security controls for their organizations
- How to harden the security of various hosts individually in the organization’s network
- How to choose appropriate firewall solutions, topology, and configurations to harden security through a firewall
Professional IT Career Tracks
This entry-level course targets the following job roles:
- Entry Level Penetration Testers
- Junior Computer Forensic Specialists
- Anyone involved in basic information security operations
- Lesson 1
- Introduction and history of cryptography
- Lesson 2
- Symmetric cryptography & hashes
- Lesson 3
- Number theory and asymmetric cryptography
- Lesson 4
- Applications of cryptography
- Lesson 5
Individuals who complete EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES) training and certification qualify for the following job roles:
Computer Support Specialist, Technical Help Desk, Technical Support Specialist, Network Technician, Information Systems Security Manager, and Security Specialist
- Median national salary range: $115,250 – $194,250*
*Robert Half 2018 Technology & IT Salary Guide
FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID PROGRAMS FOR IT AND CYBER SECURITY TRAINING
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker Program:
This program provides government funding for employment and training services. WIOA aids eligible adults and dislocated workers in both finding and qualifying for meaningful employment.
Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA):
TAA is a federally funded employment program. It provides benefits to workers who lose their jobs or had their hours reduced as a result of foreign trade. Benefits may include training, job search allowances, relocation allowances, and other reemployment services.
MILITARY EDUCATION BENEFITS
Post 9/11 GI Bill® Education Program:
The Post 9/11 GI Bill® is an education benefit program for Active Duty, Selected Reserve, and National Guard service members who served on active duty after September 10, 2001.
Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP):
VWIP provides resources for the training necessary to prepare eligible veterans for meaningful employment within the labor force.
The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program:
The VR&E VetSuccess program, also known as Voc-Rehab or Chapter 31, offers disabled vets counseling, training, education and other services needed to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs.
Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA):
MyCAA provides up to $4,000 (over 2 years) of Financial Assistance for military spouses who are pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials leading to employment in portable career fields.
PRIVATE TRAINING LOAN OPTIONS
LeaderQuest has partnered with Climb Credit! Climb Credit offers tuition financing at fixed interest rates starting at 5%. They offer high approvals and low monthly payments. Climb’s online application takes minutes to complete with instant pre-approval. Apply with a qualifying co-borrower for the best rates.
Approved and available funding programs vary by location. Visit www.climbcredit.com/leaderquest for complete details and eligibility requirements.