CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
Train for Your CASP Certification!
This 5-day program is designed for people looking to start or enhance their careers as information security experts. You will build knowledge and skills in enterprise security, risk management and incident response, research and analysis, integration of computing, communications and business disciplines, and well as the technical integration of enterprise components. Through this program, you will be expected to develop your knowledge of general security concepts, and the specific tools and procedures used to guard against intrusion, hacking, and cyber crimes. The program course material will center around these subject matter areas as they relate to the CASP certification exam objectives.
Not sure which career path is best for you? Do you want to be qualified for a job and have access to open employment opportunities once you complete your training? LeaderQuest career services can help you with that and more!
CompTIA recommends a minimum of ten years experience in IT administration with at least five years of hands-on technical security experience. Candidates will be tested in knowledge in the following categories:
- Enterprise security operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
- Analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber defense needs with business goals
- Mobile and small form factor devices and software vulnerability
- Integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- implementing cryptographic techniques, such as blockchain, Cryptocurrency, and Mobile device encryption
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic IP addressing knowledge
Contact us anytime to request more information or a complete syllabus.
BASE TRAINING PERIOD
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
This course is available at any LQ campus
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Course Objectives
- Manage risk in the enterprise
- Integrate computing, communications, and business disciplines in the enterprise
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques
- Implement cryptographic techniques
- Implement security controls for hosts
- Implement security controls for storage
- Analyze network security concepts, components, and architectures, and implement controls
- Implement security controls for applications
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, and applications in a secure enterprise architecture
- Conduct vulnerability assessments
- Conduct incident and emergency responses
Professional IT Career Tracks
This entry-level course targets the following job roles:
- Network Security Engineer
- Information Security Specialist
- Information Security Auditor
- Security Analyst
- Security Architect
- Site Security Administrator
- Lesson 1
- Managing risk
- Lesson 2
- Integrating computing, communications, and business disciplines
- Lesson 3
- Using research and analysis to secure the enterprise
- Lesson 4
- Integrating advanced authentication and authorization techniques
- Lesson 5
- Implementing cryptographic techniques
- Lesson 6
- Implementing security controls for hosts
- Lesson 7
- Implementing security controls for enterprise storage
- Lesson 8
- Analyzing and implementing network security
- Lesson 9
- Implementing security controls for applications
- Lesson 10
- Integrating hosts, storage, networks, and applications in a secure enterprise architecture
- Lesson 11
- Conducting vulnerability assessments
Individuals who complete CompTIA Advanced Security Practioner (CASP) training and certification qualify for the following job roles:
Network Security Engineer, Information Security Specialist, Information Security Auditor, Security Analyst, Security Architect, Site Security Administrator, and similar roles.
- Median National Security Engineer national salary range: $97,000 – $163,000*
*Robert Half 2018 Technology & IT Salary Guide
FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID PROGRAMS FOR IT AND CYBER SECURITY TRAINING
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker Program:
This program provides government funding for employment and training services. WIOA aids eligible adults and dislocated workers in both finding and qualifying for meaningful employment.
Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA):
TAA is a federally funded employment program. It provides benefits to workers who lose their jobs or had their hours reduced as a result of foreign trade. Benefits may include training, job search allowances, relocation allowances, and other reemployment services.
MILITARY EDUCATION BENEFITS
Post 9/11 GI Bill® Education Program:
The Post 9/11 GI Bill® is an education benefit program for Active Duty, Selected Reserve, and National Guard service members who served on active duty after September 10, 2001.
Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP):
VWIP provides resources for the training necessary to prepare eligible veterans for meaningful employment within the labor force.
The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program:
The VR&E VetSuccess program, also known as Voc-Rehab or Chapter 31, offers disabled vets counseling, training, education and other services needed to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs.
Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA):
MyCAA provides up to $4,000 (over 2 years) of Financial Assistance for military spouses who are pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials leading to employment in portable career fields.
PRIVATE TRAINING LOAN OPTIONS
LeaderQuest has partnered with Climb Credit! Climb Credit offers tuition financing at fixed interest rates starting at 5%. They offer high approvals and low monthly payments. Climb’s online application takes minutes to complete with instant pre-approval. Apply with a qualifying co-borrower for the best rates.
Approved and available funding programs vary by location. Visit www.climbcredit.com/leaderquest for complete details and eligibility requirements.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).