When leaving military service, it’s natural to feel a mixture of excitement and fear, often in equal parts. What’s next for you? How will you pay the bills now? What kind of career can you make for yourself outside of the military? And above all, how can you take these next steps quickly?
This guide was built to help veterans who are transitioning out of the military learn how they might fit into the civilian world in an industry that has a huge demand for new workers: Information Technology (IT).
The articles in this download will give you a complete picture of why veterans are a great fit for IT, how veteran skills translate to the IT world, and how to go about looking for work in IT. At LeaderQuest, we specialize in helping veterans make this transition.
Thank you for your service to our country. Without people like you, America wouldn’t be the beautiful place it is today. We hope that you’ll find this guide helpful as you plan out the next phase in your life. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
This Guide Includes
- From The Military to Information Technology: The Perfect Fit. This article has a lot of helpful information about why the Information Technology industry is a great fit for service members leaving the military.
- Your Military Transition: A Career Guide. In this article, we cover many of the considerations for service members transitioning out of the military from a career perspective.
- 13 IT Job Hunting Tips For Veterans. Vets face unique challenges when looking for work, but they also have some unique advantages.
- Veteran Skills and Interests Assessment. What skills do you have that could translate into a career? Match up your skills with IT careers with this worksheet.
- Veteran Transition Timeline Worksheet. How much time do you have to find a great career after seperating from the military?
- Educational Institution Decision Helper. If you decide to get more training after transitioning out of the military, you’ll have lots of places to choose from.
Download the Guide Here
How can we help?
If you have any questions about this guide or about IT training, get in touch!CONTACT US