LeaderQuest Live (LQLive) is a training delivery platform that combines the convenience of remote, virtual training with the benefits of traditional classroom instruction.
- Learn through top quality, instructor-led training that is delivered by certified, industry experts through a rich virtual environment that we’ve been perfecting since 2012.
- Save time and money by not traveling for training.
- Count on a predictable schedule with a greater selection of guaranteed-to-run courses.
- Enjoy a learning experience you can conveniently access anywhere there is high-speed Internet.
- 14 LeaderQuest courses have been recommended for college credit by the American Council on Education.
LQLive creates a highly interactive learning environment by enabling multi-directional communications to take place between the instructor and students so that any questions can be answered on the spot. This also allows for the spontaneous discussion and collaboration that frequently occurs in classrooms to remain part of the training experience.
The LQLive virtual environment significantly enhances the learning experience by giving instructors the capability to gain remote access to client machines. Having access empowers the instructors to aid and assist students with lab exercises and facilitate better comprehension and application of the subject matter.
LQLive Technical Requirements
- Connectivity: You must have reliable high-speed/broadband internet connectivity, generally at least 10Mbps download and upload speed.
- Computer: You can participate in most classes using either a PC or a Mac. A Microsoft Windows PC is needed if you are taking any of the following courses: A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, ICND1, ICND2, CASP, CISSP, CEH, and PMP. These courses have lab and/or test prep items that do not run on Apple Mac computers, unless your Mac is set up to run either MacOS or Windows. Your computer should have a 2.0 GHz or faster processor, 4GB or more RAM, and be able to perform without slowdowns or degradation.
- Audio: You will need a computer microphone and speakers, or a headset. If you do not have a headset, LeaderQuest will provide one upon request.
- Web Browser: We have found that Chrome works best overall as a browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I participate in a LeaderQuest course, delivered via LQLive, from any location?
Yes. You can participate in an LQLive instructor led course from anywhere that is convenient for you, as long as your computer and Internet connection meet technical requirements. Exception: If you are using VA benefits, you may be required to attend classes at a LeaderQuest facility. Check with your Career Training Consultant for details.
How will I access learning materials, textbooks, and practice exams?
The LeaderQuest Learning Portal will be the center of your learning experience. Through the Learning Portal, you’ll be able to access all of your class resources, interact with your professor and classmates, ask questions, and take practice exams and assessments.
Do I need to install any special software?
We use Zoom for video conferencing, which is compatible with most browsers.
Why is LQLive more effective than off-the-shelf, self-paced e-learning programs?
The most important benefit of live, instructor-led training is the ability to interact with your instructor and fellow classmates, which will enhance your comprehension of the content. Unlike the off-the-shelf or self-paced programs, LQLive enables you to have the same kind of collaborative interactions that you would in a traditional classroom environment. You will have the capability to ask questions, gain clarification and benefit from spontaneous discussions that may occur during the class. Additionally, the course instructors will be able to support and assist you with the virtual labs as they have the capability to gain remote access to your virtual lab environment.
How is the LQLive experience actually delivered?
Prior to the start of the course, you will receive all of the necessary materials — login information, access to the ebook courseware, as well as a microphone enabled headset if needed. The live, instructor-led training is delivered via Zoom — a conferencing and instant messaging tool. You will participate in training via Zoom to follow along as the instructor covers the course content while accessing the virtual labs through an Internet browser so you can engage in the hands-on lab exercises to increase your comprehension of the subject matter.
How do I connect to the classroom?
One week prior to the class start date, you will receive a “Welcome” email with a URL and instructions on how to setup your Learning Portal profile, which includes access to all books, practice tests and other resources. When it’s time for the course to begin, just log in and join your classmates in a live, virtual classroom on Zoom. During class, LQLive support technicians are available to assist you as needed. It’s that easy!
How can I take the certification exams?
Exams are administered through on-campus IT certification testing centers. If you’d like to take the certification exam after your LQLive session, please reach out to the Client Services team to learn more and get set up.
How do I complete the course evaluation and receive my Course Completion Certificate?
At the end of your course, you can take the course evaluation in the Learning Portal. A digital certificate of completion will be generated and can be downloaded from the Learning Portal.
Who should I call if I have additional questions before my class starts?
Our customer service team is available at 1-866-378-0761, Mon-Fri 8am – 10pm Mountain Time.
Make the most of your time at home.
With online learning, you can add a certification to your resume that will help you take the next step in your career! Our courses are short term and intensive, designed to quickly give you all of the knowledge you need to develop real world skills and prepare for certification exams.
If you’re interested in starting a career in IT, take a look at our Computer User Support Specialist program. This program includes four certifications that are in high demand for entry level positions, and form a powerful foundation for an IT career.
Ready to take the next step in your career?